For those that needed this reminder today, He IS Everlasting...
Friday, February 28, 2014
|Click link to download complete document.|
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Let me just get this out of the way: I am not particularly fond of sugar cookies. I'm the girl who passes on them at Christmas time (or any other time) if I can have oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip instead...or *gasp!* none at all.
Until my friend MADE me try hers.
Oh, these are good. They are the only sugar cookies I ever make. EVER.
Even better? I don't have to refrigerate the dough. Perfect for impatient kiddos :)
NO CHILL SUGAR COOKIES
1c. Butter, softened
2t. Baking powder
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
Cream together butter and sugar.
Beat in egg. Add vanilla.
Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time until thoroughly mixed. (Dough will be stiff.)
Do not chill dough!
Roll out to 1/4" on lightly floured surface. Dip cookie cutters in flour. Cut.*
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6-7 minutes. Cool on track.
*To cheat like I do: roll a ball of dough in your hands, press ball flat with palm of hand on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Cute little shapes are optional. So is the chocolate drizzle :) Simply melt chocolate chips in baggie and clip corner. »Squeeze« to please!
Monday, February 10, 2014
|Cow says moo!|
Time with my sons...they're growing up so quickly...I want to just be IN THE MOMENT, storing up these treasures in my heart, like Mary of long ago.
Today, my family embarks on an adventure. A long awaited road trip to visit my family. It's been years since I've been home and this trip is long overdue.
400 miles today will take us through mountains, through the woods, across state lines, and over bridges to reach the deep blue sea. We'll visit friends today and another 400 miles will take us to family tomorrow. I am so thankful to God for this time together and that it is finally happening. What a wonderful answer to prayer!
Sunday, February 9, 2014
#94 freshly painted toenails
#95 a custom dress for a friend
#96 a banner of Valentine hearts
#97 my completed tax forms
#98 an invitation to a wedding
#99 lesson plans ready to go
#100! a note in the card my husband gave me the day before got married
#101 my son's handwritten note on my grocery list
#102 a thank you card from a friend
#103 lost pens under the couch
#104 a box of summer clothes under my bed
#105 a cake pan in the back of my cupboard
#106 hand sewing sequins to a dress
#107 the sign my son made me from recycled materials
#108 the last scarf I was able to knit before my hands hurt to much to do more
#112 coffee date
#113 stealing a few minutes to read "just because"
#114 dinner with the while family home
#115 a necklace from my mom
#116 baggy, unflattering jeans that I was able to alter and can wear again
#117 a purse that was "just right"
Keep on counting those beautiful blessings!
♥ tika nicole
Saturday, February 8, 2014
Friday, February 7, 2014
A knowing nod
inspired by Ann Voskamp's Ultimate Girlfriend Gift
stylus (or a "dead" ballpoint pen)
|Valentine for a Friend|
- Cut 12"x12" scrapbook paper in half on the paper cutter. You should now have two (2) 6"x12" papers from each full size sheet.
- Adjust your printer settings to our custom size of 6"x12". Print my free template onto your scrapbook paper.
- Cut out pillow box and gift tag along solid lines.
- Use the stylus (or an old ballpoint pen with no more ink) to score the dotted lines. This will make folding easier, I promise!
- Using gluestick, seal the length of the pillow box. You may need to hold this for a moment, depending on how sticky your glue is.
- Close one end of pillow box. Fill with your tiny gift or goodies.*
- Close other end of pillow box.
- Punch hole in gift tag. Thread ribbon or string through and tie bow around pillow box.
- Make a Special Delivery to a Friend today!