Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

No Chill Sugar Cookies

Let me just get this out of the way: I am not particularly fond of sugar cookies. I'm the girl who passes on them at Christmas time (or any other time) if I can have oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip instead...or  *gasp!* none at all.

Until my friend MADE me try hers.

Oh, these are good. They are the only sugar cookies I ever make. EVER.

Even better? I don't have to refrigerate the dough. Perfect for impatient kiddos :)

NO CHILL SUGAR COOKIES

1c. Butter, softened
1c. Sugar
1 Egg
1t. Vanilla
2t. Baking powder
3c. Flour

Preheat oven to 400°.

Combine dry ingredients and set aside.

Cream together butter and sugar.
Beat in egg. Add vanilla.

Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time until thoroughly mixed. (Dough will be stiff.)

Do not chill dough!

Roll out to 1/4" on lightly floured surface. Dip cookie cutters in flour. Cut.*

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6-7 minutes. Cool on track.

*To cheat like I do: roll a ball of dough in your hands, press ball flat with palm of hand on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Cute little shapes are optional. So is the chocolate drizzle :) Simply melt chocolate chips in baggie and clip corner. »Squeeze« to please!

2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe! We make them every year. I love that in about an hour we can have soft sugar cookies. And they stay soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was craving a cookie yesterday, @kimbalaya, but was out of brown sugar...and then I remembered that these don't call for it! So yummy :)

      Delete